New vegetable and flower seeds for 2015 will be coming into the Trading Hut in the middle of next week with a big range from Kings Seeds. Varieties which be available include:
- Beetroot Boltardy
- Leaf Beet Perpetual Spinach
- Climbing French Bean Blue Lake
- Runner Bean Enorma
- Runner Bean Polestar
- Broccoli Purple Sprouting Early
- Four different cabbage varieties
- Courgette Defender F1
- Parsnip Gladiator F1
- Pea Kelvedon Wonder
- Pea Oregon Sugar Pod
- Winter Squash Butternut
- Squash Crown Prince F1
- Pumpkin Dills Atlantic Giant
- Three different types of tomato
- Brussels Sprout Evesham Special
… and many more besides. We’ll also be stocking flower seeds: calendula, poppies, sweet peas, nasturtiums and cornflowers among others.
So if you were thinking of making a trip to Homebase to buy seeds this weekend … don’t! Kings supply very high quality seed with excellent germination rates, and we can sell to you at a substantially discounted rate. Together with the Franchi seed range, you’ll find there is plenty to choose from for your plot this season.
We now have onions and shallots in stock at the Trading Hut ready for spring planting, so do come along and choose your sets from us. We have the following varieties available:
- Onions: Stuttgartner – yellow onion, smooth mild flavour, slow to bolt, keeps well.
- Onions: Sturon – yellow onion, good sized, round bulbs, very reliable and keeps well.
- Red onions: Comred – deep red onion, good flavour.
- Shallots: Golden Gourmet – classic round shallot, golden yellow flesh. Large bulbs, slow to bolt.
- Shallots: Red Sun – Thai-style round shallot with a pink tinge to the skin. Crisp white flesh.
These are all priced at £1.00 per 250g – you should get around 15-20 bulbs for 250g.
We also still have potatoes available. Come quickly for the salad variety Charlottes, which are selling fast at £3.50 for a 2.5kg bag. We have maincrop varieties as well: Desiree, Maris Piper, King Edward and the Cypriot potato Spunta, all at £1 per kg.
Finally, don’t forget we have the first working party of 2015 this Saturday, February 28th, starting at 2.00pm. We urge as many people as possible to come to help out with clearing up communal areas. Refreshments will be provided.