Our next three working parties will be on
- Sunday September 13th, 2pm
- Saturday October 17th, 2pm
- Friday November 20th, 11am
Our working parties help to maintain the communal areas of the site: paths, verges, hedges and fences. Specific tasks for the days above have yet to be determined, although we will be treating tree roots as a priority on at least one of them.
Attending a working party only takes up a couple of hours in the weekend and there is always a social side to the gathering as well. Hot and cold refreshments will be provided for workers afterwards.
Your tenancy agreement requires you to contribute to at least two working parties a year, so if you haven’t already done so, make a note of these dates and make sure you come along on at least one of the days.
This year’s summer social is on Sunday, September 6th – your chance to put down the spade and come and party with your fellow allotmenteers.
- Produce competition – we’re not very formal and we don’t mind how you tie up the onions for display. But do enter your prize veg and you could win a voucher to spend in the Trading Hut.
- Raffle – lots of prizes to be won.
- Barbecue – we’ll provide the meat – and vegetables for non-meat eaters. If you would like to bring a salad or another dish made with produce from your plot, that would be very welcome.
- Knife-sharpening – if your tools could do with sharpened blades, bring them along for our professional bladesman to renovate. (There is a small fee for this service.)
Starting at 3.00pm outside the Trading Hut, we hope to see as many members as possible on the day.